Data privacy is of paramount importance to Little Bolton Town Hall Limited and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Little Bolton Town Hall Limited is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Little Bolton Town Hall Limited
34 All Saints Street
Company registration number: 10479849 England
VAT registration number: GB256173891
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions and/or offers
- payment information and payment history
- order information / order history
- account or member number
- customer service correspondence
- delivery information
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the ‘list of cookies we collect’ section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- If you have asked to be kept informed of changes, events and updates at LBTH
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Information regarding events and bookings inc. preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, invitations for events and competitions, Little Bolton Town Hall account member discounts, additional services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the relevant email.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All information is for internal use only.
Our website uses Google Analytics which utilises cookies to identify which pages are being visited, the technology being used to view the site, and whether a visitor has previously visited the site, amongst other non-identifiable data. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Some third-party cookies are set by services that appear on our pages and are not in our control. They are set by social media providers such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest and relate to the ability of users to share content on this site, as indicated by their respective icon.
Data that is forwarded to third parties is only used to provide you with the services mentioned above, analysis tool in order to collect statistics to optimise our site and present you with relevant material.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the boxes that you can click to indicate that how you would like your information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact Little Bolton Town Hall Limited and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail or if preferred in writing upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Little Bolton Town Hall, 34 All Saints St, Bolton, BL1 2ER.
Right to portability:
Whenever Little Bolton Town Hall Limited processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have a Little Bolton Town Hall account you can edit your personal data under your account pages.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Little Bolton Town Hall at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Little Bolton Town Hall’s legitimate interest. Little Bolton Town Hall will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction in marketing emails
- by editing the settings of your Little Bolton Town Hall account
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that Little Bolton Town Hall restricts the processing of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if you object to a processing based Little Bolton Town Hall’s legitimate interest, Little Bolton Town Hall shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest
- if you have claimed that your personal data is incorrect, Little Bolton Town Hall must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data
- if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
- if Little Bolton Town Hall no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims
Visiting Little Bolton Town Hall
Little Bolton Town Hall uses a CCTV surveillance system for security and safety purposes. Clear signage is displayed where a surveillance system is in operation and data is stored for a maximum of 30 days unless there is a requirement to do so for ongoing police investigation or prosecution purposes.
You have a right to access your recordings/images should you require. Requests should be submitted to Little Bolton Town Hall Limited in writing and details of dates and times must be supplied within the request.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer service personnel to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them at email@example.com.